Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Psion Revo / Revo Plus (Diamond Mako in USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjitter

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ever since Psion did the dirty and ditched the revo & net book series of PDA, there has been a stable and useful base of people who still use the units. I want to design a new case for the revo, based not on the clam shell system but on a flat semi-hinged design (obviously due to patent copyrights on the old style casings).

Is anyone else interested in possibly making this project work, the idea I have is for an extended battery pack, to outlive the standard Toshiba 700 mA batteries that seem to fail after a few years due to the constant charge/discharge cycle, 2 to increase physical ram or find away of accessing an SD card slot and to itegrate in the new housing LEDS for a backlight display of somesort. A tall order I know but a worthwhile project to bring new life to these highly underated bits of kit, which most people use next to their PC's anyway, give me a Revo over a crappy palm anyday. If you're interested in theis project or can help in anyway, please emil john (no SPACE) gilbert@orange.net and let me know your thoughts and/or ideas.

Thanks.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back