Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSFB Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ababatola

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a design that uses a PSFB transformer but I have not been able to find one ot buy. Can someone please direct me to where I can buy one. The basic specification of the PSFB design is below:

1. input voltage 380v - 420v / output 24v (600w)
2. input voltage 380v - 420v / output 12v (300w)

Thanks.

PSFB is phase shifted full bridge.
it is a style of DC to DC converter that uses an isolation transformer to step the input voltage down.

you want a transformer whose characteristics include:
the expected input voltage range,
the expected output voltage and current ranges,
the expected power handling ability,
the expected frequency range,

this may help:

Hallo WWfeldmann,

Thank you for your response. I have actually read the materials. My problem is finding the psfb transformer to buy. I have found all the components but I have not been able to find the transformer to buy.

I would be happy if I can get a link to where I can buy such transfomrers.

Thanks

I'm not aware of off-the-shelf transformers offered in this power range, they are custom made according to specification. Or prototypes build in the lab.

Yes thats right you cannot buy this offtheshelf, you have to buy a core set and a former, and wind your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.