Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus simulation errors power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Attachments

• proteus.GIF
    proteus.GIF
    3.8 KB · Views: 163

Try the following:
(1) Put led & resistor together in parallel.
(2) See if the simulation runs with no errors.
(3) If it does then increase resistor value step-by-step, until it draws very little current.
(4) If you get no errors then the led becomes the chief load.

A useful trick is to install resistors in strategic places, because often it makes the simulator run smoothly.

Try the following:
(1) Put led & resistor together in parallel.
(2) See if the simulation runs with no errors.
(3) If it does then increase resistor value step-by-step, until it draws very little current.
(4) If you get no errors then the led becomes the chief load.

A useful trick is to install resistors in strategic places, because often it makes the simulator run smoothly.

Hello Brad!

It works well now. But when I run it for about a minute proteus crashes. I wonder why it behaves like that. Because I design the same circuit in Multisim and it works pefectly fine.

A crash is different from an error message. Perhaps the simulation continues to run and won't stop? Perhaps you need to set a time limit to stop the simulation?

Also, does Proteus crash when you run a circuit from its sample library? Does it generate an error message? Compare details of that circuit with your circuit.

There's no error message whatsoever, proteus just closes on its own. When I run the simulation of my circuit and let it run for a minute or two suddenly proteus closes. And have to restart it again.

The symptom of Proteus just closeing on its own is due to its copy protection kicking in. You are probably running a pirated version of Proteus that has not been cracked correctly or if genuine you do not have a license installed to use the models you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back