Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Proteus COMPIM Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh51087

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to connect my hardware to proteus through UART. I have used COMPIM DEMO model provided by proteus under sample circuit. I connected my hardware through Serial to USB converter. But i dint to get anything in proteus.

I just wanted to know whether the COMPIM works with serial to USB converter. Or do i need to make any change in settings for that.

I have verified the COMPIM demo model by using virtual serial port emulator. I typed in hyperterminal and got the same in proteus and vice versa.

But when i connect to my hardware, i dint get anything in proteus..

check the image for clarity.

With emulator

with my hardware

Please suggest.

you have to set the baud rate of compim.right click on compim->click edit properties->set the physical port,physical baud rate and virtual baud rate.

if you have opened any other instance of COM in parallel then compim doesn't give any warning it simply dont work

you have to set the baud rate of compim.right click on compim->click edit properties->set the physical port,physical baud rate and virtual baud rate.

I have set the baud rate to 9600.. check the image for setting..

- - - Updated - - -

if you have opened any other instance of COM in parallel then compim doesn't give any warning it simply dont work

I have assigned COM1 in proteus for COMPIM.. and assigned COM1 for my hardware through device manager(refer image showing serial to usb converter connected in com1). and no other COM1 port run in parallel...

Your device is USB to UART bridge. If your MCU board has UART (RS232 Connector) then you plug usb side of usb2uart converter to PC and RS232 connector of converter to your MCU board. So, communication to PC is done through USB and not UART.

You need a PC program which sends and or receive data through USB port. Then you will get data in Proteus.

Or connect your MCU boards RS232 connector to serial port (COM1) of PC.

Last edited:

Your device is USB to UART bridge. If your MCU board has UART (RS232 Connector) then you plug usb side of usb2uart converter to PC and RS232 connector of converter to your MCU board. So, communication to PC is done through USB and not UART.

You need a PC program which sends and or receive data through USB port. Then you will get data in Proteus.

Or connect your MCU boards RS232 connector to serial port (COM1) of PC.

I dont have RS232 connector in My PC. I have connected my MCU with UART and PC with USB.

See if you can sent data from PC using hyperterminal or similar software. If you do that it will solve your problem. Write a usb communication program using VB.Net which can send and receive ASCII characters through USB. You need to know the VID and PID of your USB to RS232 converter hardware.

See if you can sent data from PC using hyperterminal or similar software. If you do that it will solve your problem. Write a usb communication program using VB.Net which can send and receive ASCII characters through USB. You need to know the VID and PID of your USB to RS232 converter hardware.

Yes i am able to send data from pc using hyperterminal to my hardware. Refer my second picture which shows "No Disc" in hyperterminal, which i got from my hardware. and regarding "communication program using VB.Net" suggest me some reference as i am new to that.

Thanks..

- - - Updated - - -

and also how to map proteus with the communication program you told about??

Problem Solved ... I used Virtual serial port Emulator and mapped my physical port where my HW is connected to virtual port where my proteus COMPIM was connected...

Problem Solved ... I used Virtual serial port Emulator and mapped my physical port where my HW is connected to virtual port where my proteus COMPIM was connected...

I am Having the same problem would you please explain me how you do this? please its urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back