Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel99SE/Altium Designer8 to Eagle 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorkin

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altium to eagle

Hello !

Does anyone know how convert a Protel99SE or Altium Designer8 to Eagle v5 pcb?
If there a converter, the process is much "traumatic" ? My pcb is very simple: two layers with mixture of PTH and SMD devices, no BGA or QFN packages...

Thanks, Gorkin

protel2eagle

I don't think there is any way to convert a Protel PCB into Eagle. There is a ULP to go the other way (from Eagle to Protel), but I've never seen one that will do what you are asking.

Protel/Altium is a much more capable PCB design tool. Why are you trying to downgrade to Eagle?

eagle to altium

House_Cat, first, many thanks for answer my question!

I´m trying to downgrade to Eagle because in mey current design (AVL tracker), the owner of company imposed eagle as to be used tool!

Than I think for gain time and finished quickly, first I develop all in protel/altium, then I convert to eagle format...

Gorkin

protel99se

Recreating the finished design in Eagle is most likely the fastest way. Writing a converter for everything: symbols, schematics, forms, parts, layout would be probably an effort of several weeks - no Eagle user is willing to pay the price, I think.

eagle files to altium

gorkin -

One way that might save you some time would be to go ahead and generate the Gerber files in Protel/Altium. Download the Eagle_PCB_Power_Tools... from , and import the Gerbers to Eagle. There's also a file called Protel2Eagle that will allow import of the netlist from Protel on that same site.

You would have to reconstruct the component structure, vias and pad stacks, but at least the trackwork and netlist would be available.

House_Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back