Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel error during cam file generation: the film is too small for this PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

HINDI

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

after i had finishe the pcb , i tried to generate the cam file for implementaing the pcb but following error message

the film is too small for this pcb

so , what is the problem here ?
any suggestions ?

salam
hindi

Re: Protel Error

You didn't say what version of Pr0tel you are using, so I can't tell you the exact menu item to look under. However, in the section of the program where you select to output the Gerber files, there is an option to set the film size. Simply increase it to eliminate the problem. The film size setting does not change anything in the Gerber files, it is simply there to help folks who are laying out panels or exceptionally large files figure out fit and cost.

Another thing that sometimes happens is you may have some hidden, or unused, primitive way outside your board. You can get rid of it most of the time by selecting 'all', deselecting the area of your board, then deleting the remaining selected items. If it comes to that, I can provide more info once you tell me what version of Pr0tel you are using.

HINDI

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi House_Cat

it is Protel 99 SE , and thanks for your help.

salam

hindi

In case you haven't found the film size setting in Pr0tel99SE:

1. On your CAM Outputs page, right click on Gerber Output
2. Select 'Properties' from the drop down menu - a Gerber setup menu will appear
3. On the advanced tab, in the upper left corner, is the film size setup.

Have you solved your problem, or do we need to try and track down the stray primitive that is forcing the film size to be too big?

HINDI

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

You can set the value of film size (gerber output -advanced)
as
X=20000 mils
y=16000 mils

border size=1000 mils

To check if there is a primitive ouside the area use Zoom All and see if the board is full screen.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

If you have a component comment or parameter that is hidden, this won't be able to be delete, so best to select everything on board, then use position component text to centre all comments on the parts.

:F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back