Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protected file compilation

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitgovani

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I have one protected file to compile in my questasim tool. File is with format name as XYZ.svp. If I compile this protected file with Questasim is giving error of compilation error in file. I have questasim version 10.3d. This file can compile successfully on latest questa version(10.5b).

How to deal with this issue? Any solution to make it compile?

Regards,
Smit

Last edited by a moderator:

1. look at the release notes for all versions between 10.3d and 10.5b, it may be that a bug was fixed that is causing the error.
  2. look at the release notes for added language support, could be the encrypted file is using an unsupported language feature.
  3. make sure the two compilations are using the exact same compilation options and that the modelsim.ini and/or the *.mpf files have the same settings between the tool versions.
  4. if you still can resolve the issue, tell the vendor (of the encrypted file) that you need a version that supports compilation on 10.3d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back