Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,
I recently make ICD2 with PIC16F877A with RS232. Now can anybody tell me how can i interface the Target board with ICD2?
thanx

Added after 3 minutes:

Basically i want to know about what should i do with the target board PIC16F877A pins? Is there any need to attach any Mosfet or else? If a target device have a simple LED On/Off program?
Kindly tell me the details
Thanx

Added after 1 minutes:

May be i use PIC16F877A or PIC16F84A. It depends what i m using!!!!!

I made a popular poster for my Inchworm ICD2 with connections and source code for a handful of common PICs.
See the downloads section of my site for the "Hello World" poster.

As many beginers around here I to have a problem :
I build idc2 according to potyo specs. : https://www.hobbielektronika.hu/kapcsolasok/usb_icd2.html?pg=4 and it’s not working…
I program the MCU’s with willem rev 4.1 via ICSP and winpic800 , the hex files are from the site that I mentioned.
I use those cips 74hc125 , 74hc126 , 7407 , 74hc4066 , MCU’s – 16f877 and 18f4550.
In the 16f877 I program 16f877_boot.hex , in 18f4550 – 18f4550.hex from that site.I did not make any changes in winpic800.I open the file and I programmed the MCU’s.
I put the cable in the usb socket and it recognized as an usb device,I update the drivers with those on the same site , in device manager are present.
When I open MPLABIDE software I chose debugger as MPLAB ICD2 , but sometimes is says :
“Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2 ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified. ') ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2 MPLAB ICD 2 Ready”
or connection has been lost .
So how can I debug the debugger ?
Many thanks.

blueroomelectronics said:
You wrote kick, what is kick supposed to mean?

putting some attention to my problem,, in holland it;s very comment used..

i still havent got my programmer to work unfortannaly...

Well my friends I think , as an romanian proverb says : The silence maybe an answer :D . It supose that I made a mystake : I change an NPN transistor with an PNP one , the one that resets the 877.Thank's for the good work that you all are doing.I supose from the pictures that you agree that my IDC it's working OK.Thanks.

HI Blueroomelectronics,
i made Inchworm+ recently and also read the hello world program but still not clear about the target system hardware. because i made another circuit i.e called target system circuit so send me the info about target system hardware.ok.
if there is any microchip file then also is better for me.
thanx

reply me at

usmanstar2@gmail.com

bye

I have made a ICD2 programmer,it used very good at my home PC, today i take it to my office ,but it can't work on my office pc, when i connect it to my office pc's USB port ,it is said "unknown usb device",i don't know why! so i take the programmer back to home ,and it works very good ! and i take it to my office again ,it also can't work. is anyone know why.
I know the programmer is ok, maybe my office pc have some problem.

funnynypd said:
Have you tried re-installing the ICD2 USB driver?

i want to installe the usb drive ,but when i connect the ICD2 usb line to my office pc's usb port, it is informed "unknow usb device ",but it is not tell me "find the new usb device",and i can't to installe the usb drive .\]

Blueroomelectronics
:arrow:Yes the Microchip ICD2 manual has lots of info on connecting to target PICs.:!:

Bro i ask you please send me some document of microchip site. i have nothing got from microchip site about the target system .ok
i want to put PIC16F84A at my target system

so plz send me the useful data about target system on
usmanstar2@gmail.com

as soon as possible.
Thankyou

funnynypd said:
enter your control panel->performance and maintenance->system->hardware->Device Manager

and drop down to the unknow usb device, manually force a driver update.

It is doable.

Thanks,but i have tryed , it is inform "this file don't have hardware information". i don't know how to do?

the .inf file :
; ICD2W2K.INF for Windows 2000 and XP
;
; 03 Jan 2005 : new group

;---- Class Info ------------------------------------------------------------

[ClassInstall32]
CopyFiles=DLLDestDir,DLLDestDirB
AddReg=MicrochipClass

[MicrochipClass]
HKR,,,,"MicrochipTools"
HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"MCDRV48F.DLL,MCINSTLSProp"
HKR,,Icon,,"0"

;---- Common ----------------------------------------------------------------

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"
Class=MicrochipTools
ClassGUID={DEB97E2C-8B0F-446F-B280-7CFAC41C3BD9}
Provider=%Microchip%
DriverVer=05/28/2002,1.0.0.0

[Manufacturer]
%Microchip%=Microchip

[Microchip]
; This device is bound to the client driver for the loaded MPLAB ICD 2.
%USB\VID_04D8&PID_8001.DeviceDesc%=MCUSBICD2.Dev, USB\VID_04D8&PID_8001

[PreCopySection]
HKR,,NoSetupUI,,1

[DestinationDirs]
MCUSBICD2.Files.Ext = 10,System32\Drivers
MCUSBICD2.Files.Inf = 10,INF
DLLDestDir=10
DLLDestDirB=11

[SourceDisksFiles]
icd2w2k.inf=1
icd2w2k.sys=1
MCDRV48F.DLL=1

[SourceDisksNames]
1=%gid%

[DLLDestDir]
MCDRV48F.DLL

[DLLDestDirB]
MCDRV48F.DLL

;---- Client Driver Items -------------------------------------------------

[MCUSBICD2.Dev]
CopyFiles=MCUSBICD2.Files.Ext, MCUSBICD2.Files.Inf
AddReg=MCUSBICD2.AddReg

[MCUSBICD2.Dev.NT]
; Copyfiles commented out for Win2K to avoid user intervention during install
CopyFiles=MCUSBICD2.Files.Ext, MCUSBICD2.Files.Inf
AddReg=MCUSBICD2.AddReg

[MCUSBICD2.Dev.NT.Services]
Addservice = MCUSBICD2, 0x00000002, MCUSBICD2.AddService

[MCUSBICD2.AddService]
DisplayName = %MCUSBICD2.SvcDesc%
ServiceType = 1 ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
StartType = 2 ; SERVICE_AUTO_START
ErrorControl = 1 ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
ServiceBinary = %10%\System32\Drivers\icd2w2k.sys
LoadOrderGroup = Base

[MCUSBICD2.AddReg]
HKR,,DevLoader,,*ntkern
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,icd2w2k.sys

[MCUSBICD2.Files.Ext]
icd2w2k.sys

[MCUSBICD2.Files.Inf]
icd2w2k.inf

;---- Strings -------------------------------------------------------------

[Strings]
Microchip="Microchip Technology, Inc."
USB\VID_04D8&PID_8001.DeviceDesc="Microchip MPLAB ICD 2 Firmware Client"
MCUSBICD2.SvcDesc="Microchip MPLAB ICD 2 Firmware Client Driver (ICD2W2K.SYS)"
gid="ICD2W2K Windows 2000/XP Installation Disk"

Blueroomelectronics HI

Yes the Microchip ICD2 manual has lots of info on connecting to target PICs.

Bro i ask you please send me some document of microchip site. i have nothing got from microchip site about the target system .ok
i want to put PIC16F84A at my target system

so plz send me the useful data about target system on
usmanstar2(at)gmail.com

as soon as possible.
Thankyou

Hello,

I want to share my WORKING !!!! :)) ICD2 based on
Potyo's ICD2 rev C. design.
I had just some issues with bad contacts due to the fact that I hadn't my pcb correctly mirrored.
The firmware are the originals and were programmed by a homemade serial pic programmer (JDM2) and Winpic800 soft. I also have a homemade USB programmer (GTP Summer 2005 design). For both I can upload the schematic and pcb in protel or altium designer format.

Firmware:
http://www.icd2clone.com/w/images/e/e9/Icd2_4550_Firmwares.zip
Schematic and eagle board:
http://www.icd2clone.com/w/images/6/6a/Potyo2-2006.12.07.zip.zip

The images of the final assembly can be found here:

**broken link removed**

Thank you for the excellent support from this forum and many thanks to Potyo for all the effort he put in this project !

David Thijs
Lembeek
Belgium

Hello, Everyone!
I built ICD2 Clone RevB with PIC18F4550 and 16F877A some days ago, but not get it working yet.
PICs are programmed with *.hex from http://www.icd2clone.com/wiki/Main_Page, but something going wrong - yesterday the computer recognizes the new hardware and I install drivers, but MPLAB 8 can't download a operating system to programmer, the connection losts. Today my computer even not recognizes new hardware, but sometime when I touch the board PC says could not recognize the hardware.
Whats going wrong?
I don't know much about PIC programming, but my friend who help me with PIC programming says, that there are not enough information about PICs configuration. Could anyone show me the way to right hex files and PIC configuration info? I think there may be something wrong with it.

Hi All

I've build potyo lastest board and i have 2 questions:
1) What's L1 component? It's just saying 170u, but it's a capacitor or inductor? I think it's 170uH, right?

2) Where can i find a layout for adapter board?

Thanks!

L1 is a 170uH inductor as you can see in the eagle schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back