Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think is good idea if you post your circuit diagram, maybe we can see where is the mistake.
Jose

Please compare my shcemaitic to the orginal shcematic . Do I have some mistack or not cause I'm not sure my shcematic is precise:D

By my:
1. Is absent pullup resistor on 1RA4
2. Is absent pullup resistor on U3 pin2
3. LED1 is unavailing
4. Add Shottky to U6/pin14
5. Add bipolar transil 5V6 between USB +5V and GND
6. Change value R37, R38, R39, R41, R42 to 1K

Hi guys,

A bit of feedback. I searched this forum and after a while got to some postings by JQL to check voltages and do some fault finding. I found a track (because of this fault finding) that was cut. I am pleased to say that I have solved my problems for now.

Just a word to all the guys in this forum. I understand that giving the same answer everyday is very tiresome. But can you just for one moment think how a guy feels that have to read 55 pages of this forum to find a simple solution to the problem. The search is not that friendly if you do not know what to search for. And I think there is a lot of newbie people like me on the ICD2 that gave up because they just did not get an answer from this forum.

I really think we should start a new thread with all the solutions or fault finding to common problems like JQL gave which is about 2 or three pages long. And maybe have the latest firmware, schematics and PCB's so that it becomes a pleasure to build this project and you are not forced to read weeks to get anywhere.

And that ever so bad answer, especially from potyo that tells you to read the thread, hey guys have some heart here. I do not need help for my project at this stage but think of how many friends you loose.

Regards

Nic

Added after 1 hours 7 minutes:

Hi there,

I have started a short version of this thread at:

Please feel free to fill the gaps please. I just need that thread to be the short version of the help given here.

Regards

Nic

samneang said:
Could anyone help me check the mistack in shcematic.

Thanks!
Who post this schematic with errors, it is wasting our time here.
Can we get one from Microchip?

hi, i built the potyo2 icd2 clone. i found that the mc34063 is hot, is this normal? if it is not, how to solve it?
the second thing is in order to operate, how to configure the CMOS-EN, VPP and OUT-EN pin?thx

Hi,

Do the two versions of the ICD2 clone (the PICS and the Potyo2) need to connect a power supply ?

When I look the PICS's version, I can see three conector ? Does it mean that it is the power jack connector ??

About the auto-selection of the Vpp (for an use with all the PIC), which of the both provide this function ?

Briefly, what are the features of each version ??

Many thanks !

yahootew3000 said:
hi, i built the potyo2 icd2 clone. i found that the mc34063 is hot, is this normal? if it is not, how to solve it?
the second thing is in order to operate, how to configure the CMOS-EN, VPP and OUT-EN pin?thx

This chip should never get hot. You almost certainly have a short near it, also check for shorts near the MCP41010.

Regards

Nic

Added after 4 minutes:

Hi guys,

Is there anybody that is very familiar with both Potyo's and the PICS version of the ICD2 Clone. Please do me a favor and post a reply in this thread:

with all the differences between the two and their individual capabilities. I am not asking for an ICD manual just the major differences please.

Regards

Nic

Thanks a lot

Added after 3 minutes:

Thanks

hi, i have figure the problem was the polarity of the 1N4148. I get it twisted! So the problem solved now.
Another thing is the 74HC4066 also a little bit hot compare to other ICs. I checked the datasheet, the 74HC4066 VCC max is 11V, but the VPP is >13V. I'm using the Philips 74HC4066. Anyone figure out the same problem?thx

Added after 41 minutes:

i checked the STMicroelectronics M74HC4066, the spec is VCC 13V max. another is Fairchild MM74HC4066, the spec is VCC 15V max. But the recommended VCC is 12V

HI
I have used CD4066, and it is cold and works, but finally I didnot use, because the voltage for VPP is high , I decided to do with GD411 IC.
Jose

Hi boys,

I am really confused with the amount of schematics and Firmwares of the ICD2 Clon Poptyo2 Version, that has been published, someone could tell me what is the latest version (schematic and firmware)?

the archive with the most recent date... the pcb with the most recent date on it... the post with the most recent date...

0x41 0x56 0x45!!

I have CY7C63723 is it similar to the CY7C64613? Can i make something with it?

Hi everybody,

Where I can find the PICS REV C - ICD2 CLONE files ?
I searched in all internet I could not find the files...
Does someone have the files ?
Many thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back