Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can replace it with resistors. Set the divider for about 12,5V output. As is done in potyo1.

i've just finished some final corrections of the potyo2. it is working fine! unfortunatelly i still have no coil (choke) so I have to use external 12.5V connected to the VPP line.

short question: will a 220uH axial choke (big one) with a resistance of 2,9ohm, max current 0.5A be ok? maybe a bigger choke can be used like 330uH which I can buy around.

here are some photos in high res [;

**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

great work potyo! small bug is the scale of the overlays - as you can see on the photos it is slightly bigger than it should be. and the values are sometimes impossible to read - I had to do 'Find' in Adobe Acrobat Reader to see where some specific values were.

0x41 0x56 0x45!!

Hi friends
I got MCP41010, and add in my circuit, but have some problem with the VPP voltage, it is too high , around 15 volts...somebody made it, like me?, you can see the picture...
Thank You
61_1197580863.jpg

Added after 1 hours 1 minutes:

Hi,
I will answer to my self...
I have changed resistor 15k to 11,5k, and now it works OK...
I think the MC41010 ia working, because , before to open MPLAB, I meassure voltage VPP around 13 volts, and after conect to MPLAB, I obtained, 11.5 volts aprox.
Jose

i made the potyo board
but as soon as i plug in my cable to the pc the pc hangs i.e. i cant do anything on the pc . The mouse is stuck.
when i remove the cable everything returns to normal and there is no error mesasges or anything/
What could be wrong ??

By my, it is short on +5V VUSB. Problem with MC34063 convertor... etc. It is critical error, dangerous for PC. You can fetch out MC34063 from socket.Test ICD2 separate on lab power. Quiescent current of potyo is up to 100mA.

i tested with a multimeter and didnt get any short
when i put on mc34063 the usb led lights up.
even witout mc 34063 the problem presists.

How is PC hang? All system is hang or USB device (mouse,KBD) hang only? What USB port do you use? Front USB port or rear USB port?

the pc is completely hung i.e the mouse doesnt move , ctr + alt +del wont work etc.. and the strange thing is as soon as u remove it from the port everything comes back to noramall as if nothing happened.
I used the front panel USB port.

Can you test any rear USB port for elimination USB OC problem please?

HI FRIENDS
Somebody have this problem?
Why my PIC18F4550 get to loss the program (firmware), ....normally is working OK, but when I conect and disconect power supply, the conexion with USB is loss, and when I check the firmware it has changed, when I reprogram the PIC, it again works?, I suspict in the power supply, but I am not sure ------
Thank You

Jose Fausto said:
HI FRIENDS
Somebody have this problem?
Why my PIC18F4550 get to loss the program (firmware), ....normally is working OK, but when I conect and disconect power supply, the conexion with USB is loss, and when I check the firmware it has changed, when I reprogram the PIC, it again works?, I suspict in the power supply, but I am not sure ------
Thank You

I've seen that too, if you unplug the ICD2 before shutting down MPLAB it may happen. Not sure why.

Here are the pictures of Potyo ICD that i made. Hope somebody can help me
img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.b6a7fd86cf.jpg[/img]

img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8af4d83459.jpg[/img]
i have removed the pic. nobody wants to help me

Hi Friends
Firts , sorry for no good english......

I still have the problem with the firmware, it crash after conect and disconect the power supply via USB or external power supply, I have made modifications in power supply, but still have the same problem, I am thinking change the PIC18F4550 for a new one, but I want to be sure, because it is SMD and desoldering is complicated, I attach here the connections for PIC18F4550, Maybe I commite a mistake or forget any connection?
I have change too, the fuses from MCLR enabled to MCLR disable, but still have the same problem, and send PGM to gnd, but still is the same...
Big problem , because from 5 times what I conect and disconect it crash......PIC is no good?......my design is no good?......
Here is the picture of the side of the PIC18F4550 conections.

Try **broken link removed**. In it is enabled the Brown-Out Reset.

Hi MPI
Thank You for the file, but I canot use, it seems donot work, when I import with MPLAB it says,...... Probably the file is corrupted....
Any way I have change for enable Brown out detect....
Please can You send me again the file, or tell me wich voltage You selected for this.

I have selected first for 2 volts, but again have the same problem, later I changed to 4.2 volts and it looks better, still the ICD is ok
I hope it is correct, but somebody have this same problem?

I will continue testing my ICD2

Thank You

Your selection good, 4,2 V are the necessary values.
I don't know it why didn't work correctly, but I use it, too.

Hi MPi
I tested my ICD2 and it looks donot have more the same problem......
I comment it for people who have the same problem.
Best Regards
Jose

Work!
My PIC18F4550 get to loss the program (firmware),normally is working OK.

**broken link removed**

Added after 8 minutes:

***Work***

Mplab v7.61
Potyo2

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back