Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, maskelibalo
I think 74LS07N was broken if you madeup potyo2-Schematic.
Check output-resistors from 74LS07N.
Sorry, im not good english becourse i from Japan.

Hope good result.

beat6883 said:
Hi, maskelibalo
I think 74LS07N was broken if you madeup potyo2-Schematic.
Check output-resistors from 74LS07N.
Sorry, im not good english becourse i from Japan.

Hope good result.

Yes, he's right. This could be too. I forgot to mention it, this IC also takes part in the "switching vpp on/off" task.
Why don't you check out the schematic?..that part is really simple to understand.

Gonzakpo said:
Ok, don't worry. We'll keep on writing in english.

This is the last one (I hope). Did somebody try the potyos version as a debugger? How does it work? perfect, just fine, buggy? ...Thanks

@kenny_zhou

Hey! that's a P*otel Schematic, isn't it? ...Could you upload the schematic please (in P*otel format)?

Thanks

Now, i upload the protel files,that is protel99se sp6.
I help it will be useful,down it please!

Hi,
I have make a PICS revB ICD2 CLONE USB, I have program my PIC16F877A et 18f4550 with PICS firmware but IT don't work

MPlab wrote me and not finish it:

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
ICDWarn0030: MPLAB ICD2 is about to download ...
Downloading Operating System

I don't know what is the bugg ??

Thanks you for help.

Have you applyed filtering ceramic capacitors between vdd and vss pins of the 877 and 4550?

Gonzakpo wrote:
Did somebody try the potyos version as a debugger? How does it work? perfect, just fine, buggy? ...Thanks
Yes, i have tried it. If you explain, what is the difference between perfect and fine, i will give you the answer.Very Happy

hey potyo! finally you appeared!

I was waiting for your answer about if the debugger works or not and you disappeared!

Can you please answer me? How does your icd2 work as a debugger?

THANKS

maskelibalo said:
Hi,everyone i made a ICD2 use the Potyo2 and PIC's design.But now i meet a trouble.

please, help me...

Self Test always failed.

self test
Taget Vdd Pass
Module Vpp Pass
MCLR Gnd Pass
MCLR Vdd Pass
MCLR Vpp low

Power
Target Vdd 4.89
Target Vpp 0,02
MPLAB ICD2 Vpp 11.66

what shall i do?

hii... thank for everybody... i solved the problem... i changed 16F877A wtih a new one and now everthing is okey... i think the ADC of 877A was not working properly although it's seemed okey...

kenny_zhou said:
Hi,everyone i made a ICD2 use the Potyo and PIC's design.But now i meet a trouble.Could you give me a hand!

Self Test always failed.

...Connected

Setting Vdd source to target

Target Device dsPIC30F4013 found, revision = mg1 a1

...Reading ICD Product ID

Running ICD Self Test

... Failed Self Test. See ICD2 Settings (status tab) for details.

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

self test
Taget Vdd Pass
Module Vpp Pass
MCLR Gnd Pass
MCLR Vdd Pass
MCLR Vpp High

Power
Target Vdd 5.39
Target Vpp 13.74
MPLAB ICD2 Vpp 13.66

what shall i do?

i suggest you to change your 877A with a new one... i hope this help you...

maskelibalo said:
maskelibalo said:
Hi,everyone i made a ICD2 use the Potyo2 and PIC's design.But now i meet a trouble.

please, help me...

Self Test always failed.

self test
Taget Vdd Pass
Module Vpp Pass
MCLR Gnd Pass
MCLR Vdd Pass
MCLR Vpp low

Power
Target Vdd 4.89
Target Vpp 0,02
MPLAB ICD2 Vpp 11.66

what shall i do?

hii... thank for everybody... i solved the problem... i changed 16F877A wtih a new one and now everthing is okey... i think the ADC of 877A was not working properly although it's seemed okey...

kenny_zhou said:
Hi,everyone i made a ICD2 use the Potyo and PIC's design.But now i meet a trouble.Could you give me a hand!

Self Test always failed.

...Connected

Setting Vdd source to target

Target Device dsPIC30F4013 found, revision = mg1 a1

Running ICD Self Test

... Failed Self Test. See ICD2 Settings (status tab) for details.

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

self test
Taget Vdd Pass
Module Vpp Pass
MCLR Gnd Pass
MCLR Vdd Pass
MCLR Vpp High

Power
Target Vdd 5.39
Target Vpp 13.74
MPLAB ICD2 Vpp 13.66

what shall i do?

i suggest you to change your 877A with a new one... i hope this help you...

877 or 877A also be ok.
The problem is the Vpp voltage.

Gonzakpo said:
I was waiting for your answer about if the debugger works or not and you disappeared!
I'm sorry, but i have not tested it with 24F and dsPIC chips. I have tested it using 10-15 types of 8bit controllers from 12F to 18F, from 2V to 5V. Everything was ok with it. It must work with 3.3V devices, because it's output buffer is the same as the original's.

potyo said:
Gonzakpo said:
I'm sorry, but i have not tested it with 24F and dsPIC chips. I have tested it using 10-15 types of 8bit controllers from 12F to 18F, from 2V to 5V. Everything was ok with it. It must work with 3.3V devices, because it's output buffer is the same as the original's.

ok, thank you sooooooooooo much!

I'll let you know if I test it with PIC24 or dsPIC.

Question to potyo:
As it is correct to adjust potyo2 (09/18/2006) (ISP-VPP switch)?
why 4066 HC (what manufacture)

when programming 18F452 gives :

...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0)
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

why do not identification PIC?

When read:

CDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sure that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" to continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation
ICD0200: Operation Aborted (Warning 51).
...Read Failed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

why does not work USB led?

Could you tell me in document what changes you did to the ICD2 ? :|
Do create a new thread for our benefit.. or if required,
Good work !

-----------------------------------------------------
We are welcome to do.... Embedded project.
**broken link removed**

Hi can anyone help me with this please ?
I have build potyo`s ICD2 programmer and I am using PIC16F877A and I am not sure that I have correct firmware.

ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'Systém nemůže nalézt uvedený soubor.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

PVladimir said:
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0)
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

why do not identification PIC?

When read:

CDWarn0052: MPLAB ICD 2 cannot validate a target device. Please make sure that the target device is connected and properly powered. Select "OK" to continue, or "CANCEL" to abort the operation
ICD0200: Operation Aborted (Warning 51).
...Read Failed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Check the connections between the 16F877 and your target. Do you have jumper on the header near 4066?

why does not work USB led?
I don't know it's exact function, but is lights or blinks, when there is a problem in the usb connection. If USB is ok, it is dark.

why 4066 HC (what manufacture)
For example: MC14066B from Motorola, M74HC4066 from ST Microelectronics, or the standard CD4066 from any manufacturer.

Added after 7 minutes:

Bleska said:
Hi can anyone help me with this please ?
I have build potyo`s ICD2 programmer and I am using PIC16F877A and I am not sure that I have correct firmware.

ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'Systém nemůže nalézt uvedený soubor.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
There is problem between the 18F4550 and the PC, or on your PC (for example you haven't installed the driver). There is only one firmware for 18F4550. In the ICD2 Users Manual (somewhere in the MPLAB's folder) you can find information, how to reinstall the driver. It the ICD2 is detected by windows as an unknown device, check the crystal freqency. It must be exactly 20MHz.

Yes I have jumper on the header. My friend who has ICD2 clone too told me that ICD2 doesn`t work properly with 16F877A. But as I have said I don`t know that my firmware in PIC is correct.

Bleska said:
Yes I have jumper on the header. My friend who has ICD2 clone too told me that ICD2 doesn`t work properly with 16F877A. But as I have said I don`t know that my firmware in PIC is correct.
ICD2 works with both 16F877 and 16F877A. They only need different firmwares. Both firmwares are in the pack you have downloaded.

So I don`t know where is the problem. I have checked the connection between computer and 18F4550 and there is no problem. Could it be bad timing (crystal).

Hi, Bleska

I think the following...
1) A wiring mistake USBD+ <-> USBD- or others.
2) Not work firmware in 18F4550

Hi, potyo

Can i asking?
May 3-swichingTr become all-ON in potyo2-ICD during a startup time?

Thanks,
beat

potyo said:
Gonzakpo said:

I have test the dsPIC30F4013 ,it's working very good!Thanks!

Hi Beat, I have made progress. ICD2 programmer isn`t working properly but it shows up as unknown usb device. I have used many different firmwares for PIC18f4550 but only 2 worked. There is a problem to install device and I am not sure that I have working firmware for PIC16f877A. When it`s bad what it does ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back