Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPi , great work there !

mindstorm88 said:
Mpi , nice board , is it available ???
Yes it is. Visit Potyos forum, learn some hungarian and you'll find it :)

No.. actually the forum seems to be full of important information..

Only if we had someone or some online translation service to convert from hungarian..

mindstorm88 said:
Mpi , nice board , is it available ???

Hi.
4469dhj.jpg

3z7nz3o.jpg

2e5oyew.jpg

2mch84j.jpg

4ibncm0.jpg

4cabb5y.jpg

348k8wk.jpg

4hwig79.jpg

40nbo7p.jpg

2nhdul4.jpg

My limited tima sapring capacity and limited skills at learning languages its kinda difficult for me to learn hungarian, I would appreciate if you could post links for hex files for both PIC chips.
I could give this clone a try as well.
:D

I'm looking for the PiCS design (Rev C) and I can't found it. The link in the page www.icd2clone.com for it get me the revB.
Where can i found it?

You are done a very good work!!

Excuse for my bad english..

Thank you very much!!

abidr said:
My limited tima sapring capacity and limited skills at learning languages its kinda difficult for me to learn hungarian, I would appreciate if you could post links for hex files for both PIC chips.
I could give this clone a try as well.
:D

The hex files for both are the same of the potyo or Pics boards.

I uploaded the correct full documentation of the potyo2 ICD with the schematic, the part list, and the eagle board in pdf and eagle files.

MPi said:
I uploaded the correct full documentation of the potyo2 ICD with the schematic, the part list, and the eagle board in pdf and eagle files.

Nothing is written by protel ???

KST said:
Nothing is written by P*otel ???

Sorry, I work only with Eagle. Sure help you somebody else, but I upload gerber files too.

Will a 150uH inductor do instead of the 170uH required for potyo's design ?

What type should it be ? Can it be the axial type ?

What is the current flowing through it ?

Read, please!

potyo said:
Gandalf_Sr said:
I'm struggling to find a 170uH inductor to fit the board, anyone know the max current that flows through it? I'm guessing it has to be less than 150mA cos it goes through a 1N4148 which is only good for that much current.
You dont need exactly 170uH. If you can find 180 or 220, use that. Max current is below 100mA.

MPi said:
Read, please!

potyo said:
Gandalf_Sr said:
I'm struggling to find a 170uH inductor to fit the board, anyone know the max current that flows through it? I'm guessing it has to be less than 150mA cos it goes through a 1N4148 which is only good for that much current.
You dont need exactly 170uH. If you can find 180 or 220, use that. Max current is below 100mA.

I had read :)

That's why I asked this question.. the axial types are perfectly capable of working for 100mA... then why are people stressing that we use power inductors ??

I have been following the thread for 7 months now and finally want to build potyo's design...

then you should have red the data-sheet of MC34063 and see what defines which inductor to use. :)
And the current on 12V is around 20mA max.
Any inductor will do in range of 100µH to 300µH, as Potyo already wrote. When I built my first converter using MC34063 it started screaming (not loud, just annoying). The sound came from the coil. After rereading the data sheet it was clear that I set it to oscilate on low frequency (around 18kHz). Changing the resonating capacitor solved the problem.

Beowolf said:
then you should have red the data-sheet of MC34063 and see what defines which inductor to use. :)
And the current on 12V is around 20mA max.
Any inductor will do in range of 100µH to 300µH, as Potyo already wrote.

Where did he write that ?
So the radial axial types will do ?

Beowolf said:
When I built my first converter using MC34063 it started screaming (not loud, just annoying). The sound came from the coil. After rereading the data sheet it was clear that I set it to oscilate on low frequency (around 18kHz). Changing the resonating capacitor solved the problem.

Can you send your schematic over ?

Hi VsmGuy

You can use any inductor between 100uH and 1mH.
If you use a greater inductor then the maximum current that it can supply is greater (but you don't need it. The MCLR pin drain only some uA). The PiCS design of Vpp generator works good. I test it with a 100uH-80mA axial inductor and a large 1mH radial. The results are the same.

See the datasheet

@sergio_lindau

Your is the best answer I have got so far. Precise and to the point.

I hope you remember we were supposed to work on translating the ASM to C ?

Let's keep in touch over PM ?

Added after 1 minutes:

@Beowolf

Can you update this topic with the modification you did.. I am interested.

I wasn't refering to a modification on Potyo's ICD2 design, only on my implementation of default design presented in the data sheet of MC34063, similiar to what potyo or PICS did when they did their great job. Once you understand how it works, you don't have to stick to every detail of either design, just the general idea.. You need variable Vpp, controlled by MC4110, you copy the design used in original ICD2, and it works. There's no need to do the exact copy, but to make a design that meets the specification (generate voltage in range of 10 to 14V). 16F877 adjust the digital potentiometer until it measures Vpp it desires, that's all.

Hi, great work people. I managed to get a free ICD2 from microchip for the duration of my project. Unfortunately I have to send it back once I'm done, I'm going to try make one now. Thank you.

Hello People
I've reading this section with interest, a newbie that I am I sampled pic24h from uChip but didn't realize my trusty Multipic by Feng and winpic won't be able to program it as I look for low cost alternative programmer I decided to build ICD2 by Pics RevB. It works...
...well not right away but a couple of days reading and troubleshooting bear a fruitful harvest :)

I made a daughter board base on Teskan schematic for a translator, It didn't work untill I cut the VPP trace, the good thing is I made that VPP trace wider before I etch not knowing I could make use of it, I just place pin header in between the cut so it behaves like on Teskan schematic. I use 2n3904's.

basically just wanna say thanks to the smarties :)

Status
Not open for further replies.