Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey!

Anyone wants BL010101 disassembled?

Here is the reverse engennering of BL010101. It's more than an output of disassembler.

If it's possible, I'll recode it in C with HI-TECH.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok guys , i'm just about to put everything to garbage , !!! anybody here has been able to make the crazyduck pcb to work ??? i did a second board ,and did inspect for any short , board is perfect , but still , it is recognise once a million and cannot reprogram os ever !!! i'm using both hex files that came in his rar archuve , i trid others too but no success !!!

mindstorm88 said:
ok guys , i'm just about to put everything to garbage , !!! anybody here has been able to make the crazyduck pcb to work ??? i did a second board ,and did inspect for any short , board is perfect , but still , it is recognise once a million and cannot reprogram os ever !!! i'm using both hex files that came in his rar archuve , i trid others too but no success !!!

What project you did? Potyo or Pics

V

mindstorm88, dissolder everything, and throw away only PCB.
Switch to PICS or Potyo's design, they are a sure deal..

V

Folks , i did Crazyduck's one , page 36 of this thread !!! but since he posted it , no news from him !!!

Of course Beowolf , only pcb will go to garbage , for now i have been able to make it work , i connect it to the pc , start mplabb , then i do some mclr on the 4550 (1 or 2 depend) until it is recognise , then it is operationnal !!! , for trial i put a capacitor on mclr of the 4550 for a longer reset when connecting but no difference !! i guess i will look at what parts i'm missing for Potyo's design , or simply give up and buy an icd from ebay !!!!

Hi everybody, and mindstorm88,
I use always my board version with my interface to programme any PICs.
I'll work on a second interface for dsPIC programming.

58_1171972970.JPG

My ICD2 version works well, and it's simple to realize. Yes it's some exotics components on it. But you can find it for free on TI and maxim website.

CD:D

Hi CD , happy to see you around , you never had any problem connecting ??? , my board look as good as yours !!! but is a nighmare to connect all the time , are your PICs program with the exact files you posted ??? can you read your PIC and send me the hex files ??? S.V.P. ;-) cousin francais !!!!

Hi cousin français,
I've use the files post on the forum, and I'ven't problem to connect the board.

But it was a wrong fuse configuration for 4550. Not a problem at all !! It'll be connect, but the USB OS will be re-download every reset.

This is the files I read from my PICs on my board.
Be sure you've use 16F877A and not 16F877.

If you've got any questions...
Sincerely

Bon , j'ai essayé tes fichiers , rien a faire , toujours unknown device !!!

no improvement , at least at home under usb1.1 i can connect doing a mclr , but here at work on usb2.0 computer , nothing at all , ven after a clean driver install !!!

Salut mindstorm88;
As tu fait l'install du driver microchip?
Il faut lire la procédure d'installation du module ICD2 dans les doc de microchip.

Befor connecting the board to the computer you must install USB driver for ICD2.
Take a look on microchip website to see the procedure.

yes i did install properly , i did a clean uninstall and reinstall , up to now Win XP with USB1.1 recognise once in a while or after a mclr when connected !!, but no luck att all on a PC under WIN2K USB2.0

tonight i will try a new 4550 !!!!

merci

Hi this information is great!
It took me the better part of 3 hours to read this thread (yes, I started from page 1)

I have decided to build the Potyo2, as it is known working and has a nice design.
My problem is that I don't have a programmer yet to set up firmware for the 4550 and the 877.
Is there a really simple way to program these (ie. not too much circuitry)

Also, crazyduck said "Yes it's some exotics components on it. But you can find it for free on TI and maxim website."
How exactly do I go about ordering samples? (assuming that is what he meant)

Finally, I would like to thank everyone that worked on this, you guys put forth an amazing effort!
(Zedman,Rkodaira,albert22,Brem, and of course Potyo)
Also, the others of the forum like me who asked all the questions.

Spork

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm from California, USA (GMT-8:00)

Hi Spork,
You can request free samples on some website (like Texas Instruments, Maxim, Microhip).
Take a look on this websites and follow the sample request form. You must be registered (it's free) to purchase sample request.

To program 877A and 4550 you must have an ICD2 or another programmer....
You'll find many programmer on web. Someone are simples....

Awesome, I'll check out the request forms on the websites.

I know I need a programmer to do my 4550 and 778, I was basically wondering if there is a way that I could program them without a PIC?
I have seen a schematic with 2 transistors with an RS232 connector that did not need a PIC, but I read that it did not work well.
So is there a way to program without a chip that is already programmed?

Spork

Hi,
You can find a simple programmer on LPT of your computer (if you have it).
Search for PROPIC2 on www.propic2.com. This version doesn't need a programmed PIC (only for the gold version).

For the software you can use ICPROG (it's freeware but you can only programm the 16F877A) and perhaps PROPIC XP for the 18F4550. The evaluation version of PROPIC XP is memory size limited. So, you can find something on the web to delete this limitation....

Add: Sorry but propic XP doesn't program 18F4550....

try this website (in german):
**broken link removed**

Wow, thank you very much crazyduck. You've helped me ALOT.
I can finally =) get started on my projects now.

~Spork

Use WinPic800 for software, supports both 4550 and 877, dl: h**p://www.winpic800.com/descargas/WinPic800.zip

I made AllPIC, find it on h**p://digilander.libero.it/ddanijel/allpic/allpic.zip

Serial connector, 78l05, some zenners, transistors and resistors, took me 40' to assemble it.

need 15DC PSU, 50mA.

OK latest results , last night i replaced the 4550 wit h a new one , so now connections are a bit better with Win XP USB1.1 ports , it is not always recognise the first time , but better than nothing , under Win2k USB2.0 port not recognise ever !! even after clean removal/install of drivers!!!

what make a usb device to be sensitive to recognition ???

salut mindstorm88,
C'est quand même bizarre ton truc !!!
C'est bien au niveau de la réconnaissance par le PC qu'il y a un pb ?

Quelle version de MPLAB utilises tu?

Je vais tenter une re-install du driver sur un autre port USB.

regardes (si toutefois ce n'est pas déjà fait la procédure de microchip disponible ici:
C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\ICD2\Driver\clnicd2.htm

It's very "bizarre" this problem !!!
It's a driver problem, isn't ?

Which version of MPLAB did you used?
I'll try another installation of the driver on a different USB port.

j'ai essaye 7.50 , 7.51 et maintenant 7.52 , l'installation du driver se fait bien(pre-install) , mais lors de la connection UNRECOGNISE USB DEVICE !!!

I tried mpLAB 7.50, 7.51 and 7.52 , driver pre-install ok the upon usb connection i get UNRECOGNISE USB DEVICE

btw i tried 2 different USB cables !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back