Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Programming with PicKit-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaYaga

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
I bought a new PicKit3 programmer from olimex,
https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Programmers/PIC-KIT3/

I thought that i can use that for programming through MPLab and also to dump hex files generated from other tools, however i have read the user guides provided by olimex and Microchip but i am unable to figure out how to dump a simple hex file on a Pic18F4550, using this Pic Kit-3, i am able to successfully connect the Pic Kit-3 through the MPLab, but i want to actually dump hex files without using MPLab.

Please help me if anyone has good hands-on this tool.

Thanks.

No i was just thinking how to dump codes developed through Mikro C through Pic Kit3, and i have figured it out, we need to develop codes and generate hex file then we can dump that hex file using MP Lab by File-> import and select our hex file then select Programmer->program and it programs our Mikro C developed code (of course you need to first connect your pic Kit 3 through Programmer->Select Programmer -> Pic Kit3)

Status
Not open for further replies.