Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming PIC32 Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirag2239

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am working on PIC32 based project. I am stopped at programming PIC32. I do not know how to download my code in mi controller because I do not have programmer for PIC32. Also I can not afford programmer so I want to create it on my board. So can anyone help me how to program PIC32?

Does ICSP work with PIC32? Can I program PIC32 by having ICSP pin outs on the same board for programming?

Do anyone have connection diagram for ICSP of PIC32MZ2048ECM144? If anyone is able to provide, then please share here.

Thanks.
Chirag

PIC32MX and MZ devices have an ICSP interface described in the datasheet.

For the bitlevel ICSP protocol, specify to the PIC32 flash programming specification **broken link removed**

It has only pin information. Other site shows that we have to use PICkit3. But is there anyway to program PIC32 without using Programmer with ICSP?
Can I program PIC32 using USB by ICSP directly from PC from MPLAB? Is this possible?

You can use bootloader, but you will have to forget about debuging. I have no idea how to work with such powerfull devices without debuging. Only for led blinking I suppose ))))

I understand your answer im the way that you didn't read the detail information in the PIC32 flash programming specification which would be necessary to make your own programmer.

MPLAB is only supporting the well-known Microchip programmers, PICkit 3 is the cheapest of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that debugging is an important point. It's only possible with MPLAB supported programmers-

That's why I'm no longer use microchip devices. Much easier to buy ST-Link for the 5$ and cover all STM8/STM32 devices with full trace debug option.

I think PICkit 3 and ST-LINK/V2 retail prices are roughly the same range. The trace feature with ST32 is owed to a more advanced CPU core and good marketing concept. You need REAL-ICE and a separate trace connector for similar functionality with PIC32.

Status
Not open for further replies.