Not open for further replies.

nitincool01

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to field of Hardware, so i have some doubts..

I want to know, is it possible to download Hex files to micro-controller using serial port with some serial communication utilities like flash magic or Flip.

I have connected TxD and Rxd pins of micro-controller to RS232 level converter and from the level converter i have connected serial connector..

Hoping for help.

Thanks,
Nitin

You forget to mention the microcontroller you are using..

Hi Nandhu,

Greetings !
Thanks for your co-operation.

Am using atmel 89c51.

at89c51 cant be programmed with serial port.

please dont mind, i have one more simple question..

does these AVRs ship with bootloader programmed.. if not can u let me know how to do it..

Coz i dont have any hardware programmer with me.

thanks,
nitin

AVRs don't have any bootloader, so have to write bootloader by yourself. Please take a look at the link i posted before. or you can make a very simple ISP cable from AEC, download the program and you will see the schematic. It doesn't use any chip www.aec-electronics.co.nz. Because that software doesn't support AVRs, use SPIProg, ISP Programmer | Adam's Site, and configure it as AEC, and now you can download your bootloader.

thanks a lot
i will check and come back..

Thanks,
Nitin

Use p89v51rd2 microcontroller from NXP.IT has bootloader already installed.for any help write me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

MOD:

WARNING: NO PRIVATE SHARING..

READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…