Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming a router

Status
Not open for further replies.

chri$

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

My question is the following. I bought a cheaper router trendnet. So I would like to know if i can program it (with C) with a straight cable.

Thanks for your response. But that link you gave me, It's only for wireless router. I have a trendnet tw100-s4w1ca

Thanks for your response. But that link you gave me, It's only for wireless router. I have a trendnet tw100-s4w1ca

My question is the following. I bought a cheaper router trendnet. So I would like to know if i can program it (with C) with a straight cable.
If you have that router than your question has no sense ....

That means... I can't program it ?

That means... I can't program it ?
What do you want to program?
Only if you have OpenWRT ... that you can cross compile programs and you can upload it /by SSH/ to your router for testing ... and what do you mean by "straight cable "?
for wireless routers you can use RS-232 cable /console/ and you can use JTAG cable /for debugging/ and RJ45 cable between computer and router

What do you want to program?
Only if you have OpenWRT ... that you can cross compile programs and you can upload it /by SSH/ to your router for testing ... and what do you mean by "straight cable "?
for wireless routers you can use RS-232 cable /console/ and you can use JTAG cable /for debugging/ and RJ45 cable between computer and router

I would program the working of the router with embedded systems. But when I check the link you give me before. I saw some trendnet routers which are supported by openwrt. The mine doesn't support openwrt. Regarding the "straight cable" I mean the RJ45 cable between the PC and the router so that program it. So your link is good. But my router doesn't work with openwrt.

Last edited:

you need to buy new router which support openwrt and replace original firmware ... after you can communicate with your router over RJ45 by SSH
or you can build your own router on PC Engine with FreeBSD
https://www.pcengines.ch/
https://www.pfsense.org/

Reactions: chri$

chri$

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.