Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programe pic through parallel port of a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

anytony

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic parallel port example programe

hello,
i am tired of downloading of programmer circuit from the internet i want now to program my pic using parallel port from the computer directly.

Hi anytony,

A standard PC parallel port is uni-directional, and ALL PC parallel ports are compatible with this standard. However, there are a number of later parallel port standards, such as EPP or ECP - these are bi-directional, but require different programming than a standard port.

A standard port has five handshake lines which are inputs, and for maximum compatibility you should probably only use that method (which will work on any PC parallel port).

Anyway, why do you want to use the parallel port for transferring data, and not the serial port? - it's a lot easy to use the serial port, and it's generally much faster than required.

Anyway follow this link to find what u are looking for..
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back