Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems with stm32f107vc

Status
Not open for further replies.

praba_J

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i need tutorials about how to build an project in keil with stm32f107vc.. i tried but i got some errors.. debug problems and memory mapping problems.. i go through with example programs but don't get any ideas.. but example programs works perfectly.. i need details about what kind of files to be added in the project like startup files and initialisation files.. thanks in advance.

thank you bigdogguru.. the documents are very helpful.. program compiled successfully..when i am trying to debug it will shows access violation error.. no read operation.. how can i resolve this problem..

Are you using a JTAG programmer/debugger? Is so what model, ULink II, JLink, etc?

Can you post your code using CODE Tags? Or upload it?

BigDog

i am using JTAG programmer... but now i am trying to run small program.. led blinking.. not a big program just to check how it will working and to see that in simulator window..

It maybe a driver issue. What type of JTAG programmer/debugger are you using, JLink, ULink II, etc? Are you using a development board? If so, which one?

If you can elaborate with specific details, I maybe able to replicate your situation here.

BigDog

i just want to simulate in keil and i think it may be some memory mapping problems... but i am not sure.. because i am new to stm32 programming..

So you are NOT currently using a JTAG debugger?

The violation issues occur during simulation, correct? If so, it maybe due to your system available memory resources.

Have you tried rebooting your system while allowing only the necessary software components of your system to start, conserving memory resources?

And then start KEIL and attempt to debug the simulation.

What version of the uVision IDE and C Compiler are you currently using?

BigDog

i am using keil uVision v4.23.00.0 and c complier v4.1.0.894 and i will rebooting my system.. now also it shows the same error..

Those revs are fairly recent.

What are the system specs? How much RAM, CPU type and speed, OS, etc?

Zip up one of the project directories you are experiencing these issues and upload it.

Bigdog

i am confused.. now i am creating a new project for you.. the keil version 4.00a and c compiler is 4.0.0.524.. the project running successfully..while debugging no problem.. but now i created the project in my laptop.. while creating the project the startup file is different from the previous one.. the previous one is startup_stm32f10x_cl.s and now it is STM32F10x.s.. i don't know why this difference..but i am using the same device STM32F107VC..

Attachments

• test.rar
    153.2 KB · Views: 65

Hi to all,

For running with simulator, try this:
-Create a new project, select your target and confirm the copy of startup file

-In the Project->Option:
in the Target tab change IROM1 address to 0x0
in Linker tab 'Use Memory Layout from Target Dialog' must be set

-Add a empy SystemInit() in your main.c like similar to

Code:
void SystemInit(void) {}
-Rebuild all and start the debug session.

It work ?

Note: if you get the error SystemInit() already defined, you must delete any other reference to the old SystemInit()

Last edited:

thank you alex_r... now no errors..but simulating in keil the peripherals are not showing fully..only four options are available..

Reactions: praba_J

praba_J

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks you bigdogguru.. yes.. the simulations are limited..

Do you have licence for Keil like shown in screenshot.

Attachments

• lic_ss.jpg
    lic_ss.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 73

Status
Not open for further replies.