Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems with simulation and execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikram92

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
OrcadError.JPGOrcad.JPG

I have been trying to simulate the output for a basic triac dimmer circuit. Im a newbie to Pspice and I cant figure out how to correct these. I have no other means of help. Please do help out ASAP.Im tryin to use this triac dimmer to control an LED this basic circuit is based to control an incandescent lamp

Re: TRIAC Dimmer for an incandescent light - problems with simulation and execution

trying with led is not work proper since triac is usually used to control ac loads and usually used in dimming circuit
try it as practical
if yuo want circuit diagram i can provide

Re: TRIAC Dimmer for an incandescent light - problems with simulation and execution

I dont think dimmer swich will work with led or incandecent lamp it works well with resistive fillament.

Thanks for the reply.
But this is just an initial design
Say this design is for a resistive filament. What changes should I make??

- - - Updated - - -

Nikihilt007 Please do
this is just an initial design and and i need help !

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you !

for dimming using triac you need to consider so many thinks since once you trigger the triac it will not go to off until your mt1 and mt2 be in same potential
for achieving the dimming first you need to design hardware circuit
then just test for simple on and off for your circuit by giving input 5v and 0v to your optocoupler
use moc3021 optocoupler

Here i am attaching the circuit related to the same.
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/7934028100_1357484179.jpg

The problem shown in the original post isn't related to triac circuits. It's just a PSpice beginners problem, using the wrong ground symbol without a connection to net 0. There are pretty much previous threads at edaboard discussing the same. The circuit itself should work, presumed all components are taken from the PSpice library and have simulation models.

Thank you nikihil i'll work on it!

- - - Updated - - -

@FvM
I had downloaded the diac from a website online and stored it in the library. I understand its a beginners problem and what exactly should be done to achieve simulated output. I am new at this, please do help me out

egtrop.JPGegtr.JPG

I've changed the ground and this is what i get as an output.

You are only looking at the first 1uS. If you set the stop time to 100mS, you will see something more interesting.

Thank you godfreyl!
I still have problems with the circuit. I cant get the desired output when i place it across the resistors.
Is it okay to use a 0 ground ??

- - - Updated - - -

ckt2.JPGop2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

desired.JPG
this is the desired output. Please help me out

I guess, there's no time domain (sine) voltage source in your circuit at all.

As long as you can't see an input waveform, the problems are obviously not related to triac circuits.

I am searching for the sine wave input. I will implement it and try the simulation as soon as i find it.
Thanks a bunch FvM

V1 must be a sine wave voltage source not an AC voltage source. You need to set it's voltage and frequency.

Also the simulation's timestep needs to be reduced. It looks like you are only calculating once every 10 to 20mS. Max timestep should be reduced to less than 1mS. 0.1mS would be good.

Can i Use a VSIN source? and if so Im specifying the AC vtg as 120V and F=60hz
what should be the values for vOFF and Vampl?

Thank you very much

- - - Updated - - -

Should it be peak to peak value or peak amplitude?

Thanks a lot .

Tried changing the source to vsin ! Still.no output ! Appreciate your valid comments ! But im still stuck ! Help me out here !
Ive tried simulating the same in LT spice and Psim but there seems to be a "triac subcircuit error " every time I run the circuit !

how to measure the MT1 and MT2 output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back