Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with Seiler VCO transient simulation time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren678

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Seiler VCO problems

I'm trying to design a VCO from 328 to 482 MHz. I'm starting with making an oscillator at 328 MHz and have been doing transient simulations which take forever. Is there a way I can use HB to simulate the oscillation frequency so that I can try and optimize the circuit faster?? Any help would be appreciated.

[/img]

Re: Seiler VCO problems

I'm not sure I understand.

I've pretty new to ADS and to RF circuit design as it is. I've been doing solely transient analysis and FFT to determine the frequency of oscillation of my oscillator but transient analysis takes forever to run. I was wondering if there was a faster way.

In this book they describe another way to do it.

Stability Analysis of Nonlinear Microwave Circuits by por Almudena Suárez

are used s2p file there2.whose ft should have 2g hz

Seiler VCO problems

Why dont you use HB simulation? It is very fast and accurate.

zaren678 said:
I'm not sure I understand.

I've pretty new to ADS and to RF circuit design as it is. I've been doing solely transient analysis and FFT to determine the frequency of oscillation of my oscillator but transient analysis takes forever to run. I was wondering if there was a faster way.
can you put a 0.1uF cap just at R4 L1 junction to ground and then run the analysis again please, and watch the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back