Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with Remote Light Control With Dimmer project

Status
Not open for further replies.

riteshjain_82

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all
i am facing a very difficult problem....
i have make a project of "Remote Light Control With Dimmer"
uisng 89c2051 published on elektor july/ august 2003
i project is working fine but the problems are
1)after storing the desired infrared code...the kits working fine but when i turned it off and on again it doesn't start by remote..but start with s1 button..
and the ON/OFF code of remote is not worked but the brightness up and brightness down button works...
therefore i have to store the infrared code again and again when i turn it off and on

2)the r1 and r2 resistors are getting too hot and finally burned...i have to changed them many times...
kindly give the alternate sugesstion

please help me ......

Re: please help

1) I am not familiar with the 89C2051, but I looked at the datasheet and this micro has no EEPROM, nor has it any way of self-programming the FLASH. That means that the IR code you enter is simply stored in RAM. So when you power down the circuit, the code is lost, which explains why it will not start after a powerdown. I am puzzled about why the brightness up and down still work after a power loss, but it may be just a weird coincidence.
In short, I think it is normal for the circuit to lose the code when powered down.

2) I suppose you are running at 220VAC. In that case each of your 47k resistors will dissipate about 0.25W. If they are rated for 0.25W each, then they may eventually fail, especially if there is a voltage spike on the line.
Replace them with at least 0.5W-rated resistors.

Re: please help

I think R1 & R2 is too little for 220VAC to light one led (opto).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back