Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems while adding substrate and metallic layers in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegasuss

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.I am a new user of IE3D program.I am good at drawing different structures.But i always have problems while adding substrate layers and metalic ones.I looked IE3D benchmark and tried to make the structures.For example

Substrate thickness = 0.127 mm, permittivity = 9.9, permeability = 1
Conductor thickness = 0.002 mm, width = 0.1219 mm, conductivity = 4.5510

There is no information about dielectric constant and the other parameters.Does substrat thickness means top Z layer.

I have to do some simulations on ie3d because this is my finishing project.İf someone help me i will be thankfull.

Re: Ie3d help

Hi, Pegasuss:

For the substrates, you define the stack up on the substrates based upon the z coordinates of the top surfaces. The difference between two z-top's is hte substrate thickness. While you are entering a new z-top, IE3D will tell you the thickness realtime anyway.

For metallic strips, you are defining the types. Then, you will associate a polygon with a type. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back