Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problems when trying to prototype RF circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different points to consider:
- suitable collector DC load, resistor versus inductor
- optimal bias point, intended output stage class (A/C)
- feasible power gain of a single transistor stage for a specific type

Regarding the "High Quality 200 mW FM transmitter link", you may or may not believe that's it's sourcing 200 mW from just 315 mW input power, although a considerable part of the input power is already consumed in the oscillator. But something like 50 or even 100 mW might be possible.

So that wouldn't boost the output power if this oscillator?

I just got multisim V12 and so far I am loving it! Thank you for telling me about that little gem of a program. The only thing I cannot figure out how to do is get the oscilloscope in it to work like you did. I redrew your schematic that you sent me an hooked it up to the scope like you did, though still not doing the same as yours. Still though, awesome program!

Under your interactive simulation settings, make sure that the initial time step is set small enough. I normally set it to 1/10th of 1/f where f is the highest frequency of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back