Not open for further replies.

atieh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys;

I am working on a project to design inverter circuit which is tolarance to noise, the circuit is designed, now I have to add noise to my schematic to prove that the obtained waveform results will be tolerant to noise. I am using the VPWLF parameter in Cadence, I generated the data from noise using matlab. I copied the floating point data to a notepad text file (1000 points). since my voltage is from zero to 1v. the noise data is from -0.5 to 0.5v. and then I added the VPLWF parameter to each transistor in the standard inverter circuit and I added the location of the notepad file to the VPWL file name. but when I wanted to run my circuit I faced error. it said that error in line one of the text file. then I added the DC voltage, period, and transient time in the parameter properties. then the error changed to "the twidth is not specified or its is incorrect". I played around a bit and I found out its because of the period, I am kind of confused now. can u plz tell me what should I exactly do with this parameter (VPWLF)?
I really appreciate ur help.
thx
atieh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…