Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with usb cdc for 18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagnet

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
18f4550 proton

Hi,

Somebody could help me?

I developed a project using 18f4550 with usb cdc port. This project works very good in new computer but in old computer doesnt work. The both computers have XP windows instaled. I open the hiperterminal in the both computer and the new computer the comunication is good, but in the old (2 year old) doesnt work.
What can I do?

Thank you

Wagner

usb cdc probleme

not sure what cdc means in this context but if you can access it via hyper terminal then your "usb" connection is nothing more than a com port emulator, so you are getting almost no benefit from having usb in the first place unless it is to link some legacy device to your new laptop with no rs232 ports.

Windows XP as an operating system comes in many flavours, service pack 1 and 2 for starters, VIA based motherboards and non via, the former you need to ensure you have the latest 4in1 drivers installed, the older hardware can have resrictions such as USB 1.1 only whereas the newer hardware has usb 2.0.

You should check that the old PC has all of the updates from windows installed and the latest motherboard system drivers also.

If none of that fix's it try using a seperate PCI usb card, very cheap off ebay and will give a seperate incoming line for usb.

If you old computer has (as I am sure it does) have RS232 9 pin sockets at the back , consider adding Tx/Rx/Max232 to your design to allow USB and serial.

18f4550 cdc serial

Hi Foxabilo, thank you for helping me.

USB CDC means usb virtual serial port. I developed the program using the PROTON Basic and I choose CDC instead of HID usd interface. The both computer has service pack 1 and 2.

The problem is not to buy a PCI board because this project will be used for another person and he intends to use this in many computer in very poor place of the BRAZIL(country).

I put a PCI board and works properly, in the old computer. (when I say old computer I means computer with 3 years old)

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.