Not open for further replies.

ramzitligue

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
i use virtex 4(XC4VLX80),the problem is that Number of bonded IOBs exeeded because the program use 1298 bonded IOBs and this number is not available.haw can i optimise my code?what's the solution?

virtex 4

Hi,

I also faced the same problem. Are u designing a block of project? Or for the whole design?

Try to remove unnecessary registers and wires. Then synthesis and check once again..

Regards
Deepak

Re: virtex 4

i make a component(fifo,connector) that contains a lot of input_vector(32 bit) and output_vector(32 bit) so after implementation the problem is that the Number of bonded IOBs exeeded(1200) when only 780 bonded IOBs are available in virtex4 .have you a solution ?

Added after 2 minutes:

i can't reduce width 32 bit because i work with processor miniMIPS (32 bit)

virtex 4

Do you really need to connect all 1298 signals to external devices on your FPGA circuit board? If yes, then you need a larger FPGA. If not . . .

FPGA students sometime make the mistake of trying to synthesize a high-I/O module that's intended for internal use as if it were the project's top-level module. If that's your situation, then you can build a top-level module that instantiates the big module, and then connects only the necessary signals to the FPGA I/O pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…