Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with the number of bonded IOBs that exceeded in Virtex 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramzitligue

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,
i use virtex 4(XC4VLX80),the problem is that Number of bonded IOBs exeeded because the program use 1298 bonded IOBs and this number is not available.haw can i optimise my code?what's the solution?

virtex 4

Hi,

I also faced the same problem. Are u designing a block of project? Or for the whole design?

Try to remove unnecessary registers and wires. Then synthesis and check once again..

Regards
Deepak

Re: virtex 4

i make a component(fifo,connector) that contains a lot of input_vector(32 bit) and output_vector(32 bit) so after implementation the problem is that the Number of bonded IOBs exeeded(1200) when only 780 bonded IOBs are available in virtex4 .have you a solution ?

Added after 2 minutes:

i can't reduce width 32 bit because i work with processor miniMIPS (32 bit)

virtex 4

Do you really need to connect all 1298 signals to external devices on your FPGA circuit board? If yes, then you need a larger FPGA. If not . . .

FPGA students sometime make the mistake of trying to synthesize a high-I/O module that's intended for internal use as if it were the project's top-level module. If that's your situation, then you can build a top-level module that instantiates the big module, and then connects only the necessary signals to the FPGA I/O pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back