Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with stripline coupler design

Status
Not open for further replies.

amihomo

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have designed a UHF 30dB edge coupled stripline coupler on RO4003 substrate, everything was fine when i used HFSS waveports exactly at the ends of the stripline, but when i tried to extend the ports using microstrip lines, the port matchings are good but the isolation and directivity degraded.

How can I fix this problem?

Hi amihomo,

I am facing similar problemin HFSS in simulating a line-coupled BPF in stripline with microstrip transitions at both ends. When only the stripline part is simulated it is fine but when the microstrips are added the response is becoming distorted. Can you help me please on how to properly define the boundary conditions, waveports etc. and how to fix this problem?

Also currently I am simulating the trace conductor in both stripline and microstrip as a 2D-sheet. I want to give a 17um thickness to the copper traces and simulate. But doing that no response is coming. can u help me with that also?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back