Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Robert E.Collin equation in his book

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirmg

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Robert E.Collin

Dear Users
Can anyone tell me why didn't Mr.Collin written {cdz d[V(z+dz,t)]/dt } on the page 74 equation (3.1b) of foundation for microwave engineering second edition.
he has written {cdz d[V(z,t)]/dt }.The voltage on the capacitor is v(z+dz,t) not v(z,t).

Re: Robert E.Collin

this is because V(z+dz,t)]/dt has already been presented by V(z,t)]/dt on the top of P74. So do I(z+dz,t)]/dt

come on man there have been written V(z+dz,t)=V(z,t)+d[V(z,t)/dz]dz
what happened for the second term ?

Sorry, I don't quite understand you.

You question should be why dV(z+dz,t)/dt=dV(z,t)/dt.
I think it is because the differential is to t not z, and take the limit dz to 0.

I hope I answered your question

yea,I asked how can we assume V(z+dz,t)=V(z,t) ,what about the voltage on the inductor ? ad I mainly interested to know when we derivate the term

d/dt{V(z+dz,t)}=d/dt{ V(z,t) + d [v(z,t) /dz ] dz }

==> d (V(t,z) )dt + [d2 V(z,t) /dzdt ]dz

how we vanish the red term ???

thanks for your care
I'm waiting for your reply
amir

does anybody have the solution manual of the book Foundations of microwave engineering by robert collin ---- 2nd edition

dear did u find the solution manual for the book " foundation of microwave engineering by robert e collin"

kindly if u have.. plz help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back