Not open for further replies.

thunderboympm

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,
i got a problem with my RF module and PIC micro controller. i am creating a project for my friends with RF module, the transmission and reception of data is OK. the problem is when i am connecting the HT12D to my micro controller the pins voltage get dropped down. that is when i am connecting the PIC16F73 to HT12D's VT the voltage in the pin get dropped to 0.15 V. how can i connect the VT pin of HT12d to PIC's external Interrupt?
please help me. and thanks in advance.

Do You mean that it never goes higher than 0,15V?
Datasheet says: "The output of the VT pin is high only when the transmission is valid. Otherwise it is always low."

Yea,
i am using HT12E and HT12D. when i am connecting the encoder and decoder alone the working is OK, but when i am connecting the PIC micro controller the O/P voltage is dropping to 0.16V

i saw it. but it is not using encoder and decoder. the Manchester encoding is doing in this program.

Here are some other examples:

DIY remote control based on PIC

Quoted from project below:

The project above mentions interfacing a PIC with the HT-12E/D, that is the closest reference I can find at the moment. I'll keep my eye out for additional info for you.

There are basically two explanations:
- the module isn't receiving anymore, after the PIC is connected, e.g. due to interferences or any wiring fault
- the PIC is programmed incorrcectly and driving the respective pins low
You should be able to distinguish between both, but it's hard to see it from a distance.

sir,
you are currect. i solved the VT Problem. but now another problem is i am using PORTA to the data of the RF module. when i am connecting the PIC the O/P voltage is dropping. even if the VT givings High voltage.
here is my circuit diagram

Attachments

• HT12D and PIC.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:

I've been looking over forum discussions concerning data transmission over the HT-12E/Ds and the throughput is horribly slow. You maybe much better off implementing Manchester Encoding via the PIC and just send/receive the data directly to the TX/RX pair.

Here's a discussion on Holtek's forum:

**broken link removed**

You'd be much better off implementing a soft encoding/decoding scheme, at least in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

One of the postings in the Embedded Wireless Network Group has example code for a PIC/Manchester implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…