Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with monopole

Status
Not open for further replies.

teodora301186

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I'm new in HFSS and i don't know how to make my antenna.
I have some problems about how to choose the type of port. I don't know the differences between lumped port and wave port. And i've tried with lumped port and i've received an error message " at least one material should have solve inside set" and i don't know what to do.
Pls help!

Last edited:

post your file here

Regards
Elchiquito

Dear friend

I have looked into your file, there are many things that need to be reconsidered here.

1. material assignment: everything in the design is assigned copper, even the radiation box
2. port assignment: port is not assigned properly, you have assigned the port as a circle to the monopole's end while there is no contact to the ground plane.
3. monople dimensions: calculate the dimension of your monopole once again.

Fix these issues and you will be able to simulate the structure. Monopole's are one of the basic forms of antenna which doesn't need much analysis and easiest to build if done the right way

Regards
Elchiquito

Oh...my mistake with the radiation box...i fixed the problem..but i don't understand what u say about the port. How should i assigned port? How should it be in contact with ground plane?
And about dimensions...the point is to find the best dimension for one aplication :| so, i didn't calculate them.
Thanks.
Teo

Well the port assignment should be in such a way that the one of the terminals of the port should be ground plane and the second monopole. or to say in simple terms ground plane is a reference for the port.

Regards
Elchiquito

This is exactly what i do...the monopol is the conducting object and the ground is the reference conductor. But i've still had an error "Port refinement, process hf3derror : Port face does not have a solved inside material on either side. "

hi i attach example of monopole for u

Attachments

• monopole.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back