Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with microphone circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron123

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi... I am using an electret nicrophone with which i want to transfer audio signals. As of now I am just testing my microphone circuit which is not functioning properly and also I dont have much knowledge about microphones.

I have made the following circuit on a pcb. The problem I am facing is that am getting a constant Ac output of 5.5 V which i think should be variable as audio input is varying in intensity continuously. Also when I am connecting it to speaker I am not able to hear anything.

In VCC i have given a 5V DC supply, 1K resistor and 10µF capacitor
Can anyone please help me out.

Thanks...

The circuit can be expected to work. It surely hasn't a constant AC output.

If you want to use a small electret microphone, construct a simple OPAMP amplifier to bring the electret mic's level up to a line level (around 1V should do if memory serves me right) ..

Google should have plenty of examples ..
**broken link removed** ..
**broken link removed** ..

Rgds,
IanP

Hi FvM... It is giving a constant AC outout of around 5.6 V alongwith a constant DC output od 3.3 V. I know I am making some kind of mistake but I am just not able to figure it out.

Thanks Ian, I will make an amp circuit but I think I will have to rectify the problem with this circuit of mine before amplifying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back