Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with "lmgrd" for IC05.32?? help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyad_tubs

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
os to clear this port, lmgrd

hello,
the last week I have installed IC05.32 from CADENCE on SUSE 9 evrey thing was ok with the installation.
after that I should gonfigure the license file and start the "lmgrd -c license.lic" on the license-server.
Of course I have "lmgrd + lmutil + cdslmd" and the license-file on the server too.

I have the lmgrd v. 9.5 and cdslmd v. 8.2. I still have the error: (((
20:37:36 (cdslmd) Cannot open daemon lock file
20:37:36 (lmgrd) MULTIPLE "cdslmd" servers running.
20:37:36 (lmgrd) Please kill, and run lmreread
20:37:36 (lmgrd)
20:37:36 (lmgrd) This error probably results from either:
20:37:36 (lmgrd) 1. Another copy of lmgrd running
20:37:36 (lmgrd) 2. A prior lmgrd was killed with "kill -9"
20:37:36 (lmgrd) (which would leave the vendor daemon running)
20:37:36 (lmgrd) To correct this, do a "ps -ax | grep cdslmd"
20:37:36 (lmgrd) (or equivalent "ps" command)
20:37:36 (lmgrd) and kill the "cdslmd" process

)))
I don't have any lmgrd or cdslmd servers running.???
does anyone here have idea. thank you.

regards.

multiple cdslmd

HI,
It may not be the solution to your problem, but I had some strange errors from LMGRD long time ago, the problem can be that you either don't have the temp environment correct or you don't have access rights to that directory or you do not have the priviledge level to start such a process.

The key with LMGRD is the first error, the others are just weird follow ups, if you solve the first problem, your will solve them all.

It is a long shot, but I hope it helps,

Best regards,
/Farhad

cannot open daemon lock file

1. 1st to remember, you can only run "lmgrd -c license.dat" once and only once.

2. su root and find all of the "cdslmd" processes and their accompanied "lmgrd" processes.

3. kill all above found-processes by using "kill -9 PID_of_foud_process"

4. find the "cdslmd.lock" file (may be under /var directory, I don't remember exactly where) and delete it.

5. re-run "lmgrd -c license.dat" once and only once again.

(lmgrd) multiple

I Agree,
But the first error message says: Can not open the lock file, and in my opinion it is caused either by the access rights to the file/diretory or the fact that the file already exist and a process is using it (as you helped to solve).

Best of luck and happy new year,
/Farhad

suse startup lmgrd

if u can try using a nodelocked license .

how to solve a lmgrd error at start up

Maybe it's not a good idea using kill to terminate the lmgrd. By my experience, the lmgrd is always trying to fork new process. Alternately, using the tool lmdown can effectivly kill the lmgrd

edaboard check the lmgrd log file or try lmreread

Check the access right for /usr/tmp. Lmgrd uses this directory as the default directory to record the start time of the Lmgrd.

var/tmp lock lmgrd

If you can not use "lmgrd -c license.dat -l log"to start the liccense.

1,the tcp port may be used by the pre-run lmgrd.so,you can wait five mins to wait the OS release the port.

2,if the log file tell you " Can not open the lock file",it may be caused by the access right of the pre-run lmgrd,the lock file may be in /usr/tmp pr /var/tmp or other directory,login as root and delete it.

cdslmd cannot open license file

After deleting "lmgrd" command line in .bashrc, everything becomes fine.

I think it is enough to run "lmgrd" only once.

auto start lmgrd in linux

If you want to automatically start-up the license server, then you should put the "<path>/lmgrd -c <path>/license.dat ..." in the machine start-up file. You may refer to mauals for details.
To put that cmd in the .bashrc is NO GOOD at all. For every time you invoke a new terminal, it will run once again. That will cause mutilpe license daemon running and competing for a "cdslmd.lock" opening ERRORs and the whole BOX performance will heavily slow down because of the new license server ERRORs retrying. So absolutely, you cannot put it in .bashrc or something like that. But you can manually run it in a terminal ,once and only once on your BOX.

lock cdslmd

If I am not mistaken, you had run lmgrd for the same deamon (cdslmd for this case) more than once. The best thing to clear up the mess
1. Remove all the auto start license script
2. Remove all the lock file under /usr/tmp
3. Rebot your PC
4. Start the license manually

Trace if the problem still there....If no, then good, you can just create a script and let it auto start next time. If the problem still there, then you might need to trace for any process that will auto activate the license without your knowladge.

lmgrd kill

try "lmdown -c license.dat" more than one times. then "lmgrd ......".

Status
Not open for further replies.