Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with led cube 8x8x8

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsnake

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I finished the construction following this guide jacksonliam.blogspot.gr step-by-step, using exactly the same components as shown. Then I uploaded some test code (https://pastebin.com/cPMpj78A) on my arduino and it turned on… sadly only the half (vertically dissected). The other half remained turned-off (not even a glimpse of light).

I tried to change the wire connections somehow to get it work. I got exactly the same result (half lit cube), this time with another dirrection.

I power my arduino via usb from my pc.
I suspect that the power given is less than needed. I tried to give power also with three ac dc converters from Vin port:

first: (output: 3V, 300 mA).
second: (output: 12V, 1A).
third: (output: 12V, 500 mA).

Nothing changed at all. I would appreciate any helping advice on solving my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.