Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with LED blinking C code for PIC16f676

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suleman

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
> Hi, Im using a PIC for the first time (PIC16f676), I downloaded a hex file for an LED Blinking project from here:
blink a LED
and it worked perfectly, but then Itried writing my own program in C (MPLAB and HITEC C compiler), and it doesnt work, even though the circuit is the same for both the hex i downloaded and the program I made:

Code:
#include<htc.h>

__CONFIG(BGHIGH & UNPROTECT & BORDIS & MCLRDIS & PWRTEN & INTOSCCLKO & WDTDIS);
#define _XTAL_FREQ 4000000
void main()
{
TRISC=0;

for(;;)
{

PORTC=0x1f;
__delay_ms(500);

PORTC=0;
__delay_ms(500);

}

}

Any idea why it isnt working on the breadboard, even though it simulates pefectly in Proteus (ISIS)?

Re: PIC16f676 LED BLink!

hi,
verify the oscillator section of your code

By oscillator section do you mean the __CONFIG() Directives, or the Oscillator frequency, because both of them seem to be correct...The PIC 16f676 has an internal 4Mhz Oscillator

Wondering how you simulated in Proteus for pic16f676. I have simulated some pics in Proteus all working fine. but not pic16f676.

It reads
[COFF]could not load source file 'startup.as'.

can i know the version of proteus and hitech compiler u are using??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back