Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with installing a D-link network card on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

husseinadel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
network card

how to install my network card in linux? it is D-link ,,and my net connection is 256Kbps,, ,,i have no previous knowledge in linux,,so please explain in more details,,,,i have fedora core 3

thanks

Re: network card

when i installed my FC3 ,it automatically recognized it, so just try to plug it.

me 2 when i installed fedora core 3,it automatically detects the network card and it is also D-LINK

MSSN said:
me 2 when i installed fedora core 3,it automatically detects the network card and it is also D-LINK

ok,, the problem is my card didnt present when i install fedora,,,,so,,it didnt recognize it,,it needs to configure it,,,

Exactly what card are you using? Please post the output of this command: lspci -v as root. I think you need to insert the module for your card.

for the wireless D-link card,,,download madwifi driver
u shud download
madwifi
madwifi-devel
kernel-module-madwifi

but all these rpms shud match ur kernel and machine version..

use: uname -r (for kernel version)
uname -m (for machine version)

Status
Not open for further replies.