Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with IC-Prog trying to program PIC16FXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnum

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic prog

My IC-Prog v1.05C fails trying to program any PIC16FXXX. After programming, the verification reports an error at some random address.
Error message points always to the same address (don't care how many times I run the test after the same programming trial) but the conflict address changes each time I try a new programming and then run a verification.

I noticed that the problem goes away if is there is no other application wasting who-knows-how-much CPU time. Additionally, selecting "verify during programming" I checked that the mistake appears as soon as I launch some heavy application, while IC-Prog is programming.

I'm currentely using a TAIT Serial Hardware, tested with FPP programming software.

Any ideas...?
Thanks in advance.

ic-prog prototype programmer

I had the same problem with Oshon PIC programmer but was believing it to be problem of 877As. Normally it would issue a programming error in the EEprom memeory. Has anyone faced similar problems with 877A or Oshon.
BRM

PS: I was planning to buy the compiler it looked good.

ic-prog

Hi,

I'm using ICprog 1.05c + Propic2 and all OK

HH

NeuralC

icprog

Regnum said:
My IC-Prog
try to program, without code protection.

icprog external programmer

From my experiments serial port programmers are less sensitive to timings that parallel port ones, but running IC-Prog alone is a very good idea.
i've made a prototype programmer based in propic 2 and jdm and i'm able to program a PIC16F84A without any problems, maybe you could try to use a higher priority for IC-Prog, go to options and change it to high but DON'T use higher than that, i got myself a few good crashes when i've done that.

icprog pic16f877a

You can also try to decrease the I/O Delay settings from "Hardware" Menu in IC prog.For my case I use 4 for PIC16F84 and 0 for PIC16F877.

try playing around with them, and also sometimes try reading the device just before programming it.

BR,

Gam

ic-prog prototype programmer download

> I'm currentely using a TAIT Serial Hardware

This programs has a power supply or the power comes from serial??? If comes from serial, try to supply the programmer whit a external power...

ic-prog probleme

Yes, I am using an external supply.

Just a comment: The hardware that IC-Prog calls "Tait SERIAL Programmer" is actually attached to the PARALLEL port. I reckon they use the word "serial" to refer the programming method rather than attaching port.

I changed the Computer and Programming Hardware, but obtained the same results.

Often I can program some device by running IC-Prog alone, without any other application running on Windows.

probleme ic prog

with w2K or wXP, use totalio.sys to acces hardware

for me, now all programmation are succefful

stub27

icprog for windows 7

Check for your programming voltage at the /MCLR Pin, had the same Error with JDM Programmer and PIC16F877. It should be around 13V.

Have good luck, Halabat :)

problem with icprog

Try the new JDM circuit on their website, it is much better

tait serial programmer

Hello,
try to decrease/decrease the I/O Delay settings from the harware menu
try to put the PGM pin (look the datasheet ) to gnd to disable low voltage programming

how to program a pic 16fxxx

IC-prog 1.05c has many bugs
You can download bug-free IC-prog 1.05 at w*w.ic-prog.com
YES older version is always available :?
Funny isn't it :lol:

icprog problem

i have pc prog and is working fine
but when i upload the hex file the ic prog screen close and out of the program

ic prog not working

hi,

i have winpic800 and is working fine!!!

but it can't read the PIC16F876 when is programmed

Status
Not open for further replies.