Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with DCM in Virtex 2 pro when it is downloaded onto FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

uckingcu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i am using the dcm in virtex 2 pro fpga..i have an i/p of 100mhz clk and i want 125mhz clk. the problem is when i simulate it is working fine but it is failing when downloaded onto fpga.i could not get 125mhz clk. so can anyone give me suggestions

thank u

DCM in virtex 2 pro

It should work fine. What did you get instead of a 125 MHz clock?
If you can show us a small project that demonstrates the problem, maybe someone can hep you debug it.
Also say which tools you used.

Re: DCM in virtex 2 pro

Have you actually setup the generics or parameters correctly such as fx, multiply and divide correctly?

I specified all the parameters...i am using xilinx ise 7.1 with sp4..the post synthesis simulation is working but when downloaded onto chip it is not working..i mean i am not getting any output at the clockfx on the board..but i am getting clk0 output

Have you set clkfx buf to true? Also could send the code snippet of the DCM instantiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back