Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem using USB bootable Linux to access original Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I am having some problems booting my linux ( CentOS 4.6, kernel is 2.6.9-11). The problem started after I played with the wireless driver (ipw2200) .. I made some changes to the network settings .. and now the NetworkManager hangs when I boot .. I tried to enter the Interactive booting to disable it .. but unfortunately it's not working with me when I press "I" once prompted for interactive booting !! .. dunno why !
Anyhow .. I tried to install some small bootable linux on my USB drive and it boots beautifully ..yet, I don't know what to be done in order to see my original CentOS partitions !!
Anyone has a clue ?

Re: Problem using USB bootable Linux to access original Linu

Mount your disk to be able to access it after booting from USB. Better yet use your original installlation CD and boot in rescue mode. Your linux installation will be on /mnt/sysimage. Google for "linux rescue" for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.