Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem:switch cap filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjlzhx

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
swich cap filter

it is a switch cap filter ,I conversion the circuit in z field by allen's book ,but i do not know how deal witch the R1,C1,and R2,C8,C9,R7.
Could anyone can help me?

R1 = R2 = 225K,C1 = C8 = 20P,R7 = 22K

input signal 's frequency is audio
and swtich frequency is 200k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi wjlzhx !

It is not possible - or in some cases possible, but not wise - to convert each active RC circuit into an equivalent S/C circuit. In detail, you can convert a resistor into a switched capacitor only if this resistor is located between "signal input, ground, or virtual ground (negative opamp input)". For example, you cannot convert resistors of a voltage divider or a passive RC combination.
As a consequence, only some active RC filters are suitable to be converted to S/C circuits.
More than that, it is best not to convert each R separately, but complete active units - preferrably integrator stages (inverting, noninverting or difference).
Therefore, I´m afraid you have to start with another active RC circuit (Integrator filter like Tow-Thomas or KHN, or Leapfrog structures).
Regards
LvW

Dear LvW
thanks for your help
now i converter the circuit in z filed like that.except res

but now i have anothe idea,look at the picture below

In my circuit my input signal is audio frequency,so the RC filter is no attenuation to the input signal ,just a delay ,R3 is small ,so i delete it.so i do the job like this .
Am i right.

and how can i simulate the circuit in cadence to validate my idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.