Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog filter wizard

fbp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone used the analog filter wizard website to design their filters? Does it work practically as shown on the website when we design it from this website? When we mention our requirement in terms of BW, centre frequency and stop band, the filter is usually designed as 10th Order Butterworth filters (since I need to use a butterworth filter). The order of the filter is very high.

When we mention our requirement in terms of BW, centre frequency and stop band, the filter is usually designed as 10th Order Butterworth filters (since I need to use a butterworth filter). The order of the filter is very high.
That is because that is the order you need to be able to meet your requirements.
The filters it designs should be OK. Be sure to check the Compensate for GBW box for component values, and if the requirement is critical simulate it in SPICE with the component tolerances. High order filters can be tricky to set up.

Hi,

I also guess the filter is designed properly according your inputs.

But we can not verify this, because we neither have your requirements nor the wizard´s results.

Klaus

An SOC single chip can do do some simple filters (and this is maybe 5% of the chip resources) :

1691871257762.png

The IDE (free) used for this design looks like :

1691871359363.png

Some further comments : https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/lab-digital-filter.161713/

Note being digital suffers not passive tolerances and drift.....

As stated before your specs are all important, is it RF or audio or .....

Regards, Dana.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: