Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem simulate near field in MWS CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhendian88

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i i want to simulate near field in MWS CST,i run the transient solver, it said ''The monitor 'e-field(f=10;z=10)'is outside simulation bounds and will be ignored.'' how can i change the simulation bounds?

hi

i think you need to make sure your near field monitor is inside the simulation domain specified by you using boundary conditions

you can manually add space or use open(add space) boundary condition to resolve this problem

i hope this helps

regards

zhendian88

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thx unfortunately i already choose the open (add space),bt it still doesnt work .the boundary can not include the e field at 10cm far away.if i change the meshline to 40 it said this software can only allow 3000 mesh. can someone help me ???how to do it when i want to add a 10cm far away e field to simulate .plz
50_1237550633.jpg

hi there

well if i am not wrong you are simulation frequency is 10GHz and you are putting your e field monitor at 10cm which is about 3 * lambda away from your structure
so i dont know why u are saying your are measuing near field?
its definitely farfield

also it seems you are using educational version of software thats why number of mesh cells are limited.

i hope this helps

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.