Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem PIC12F510 & PICKIT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstalin99

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i amvery new to pic.I started to use PIC12F510 using CCS complier and PICKIT2 programmer.
I made a pcb for pic controller.Now unable to dump the hex code using pickit2 programmer.when i am trying to write a code it's showing OSCCAL value INVALD in the PICkit 2 programmer window.

With the PICKIT2 connected, go to Tools > OSCCAL > Auto Generate.

Then, try again.

Are you writing to the OSCCAL register in the program?

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

oh even i was having the same problem first u check "vdd on" and go to tools and make sure "use vpp first program entry " is ticked and then go to osccal option and click auto generate and it will solve the problem....

hi i am ccs c compiler... so in the code start up code can be done this one(write the OSCCAL)...

You don't need to write to the OSCCON register. Auto generate the value using PICKIT2 and follow the steps mentioned above.

oh even i was having the same problem first u check "vdd on" and go to tools and make sure "use vpp first program entry " is ticked and then go to osccal option and click auto generate and it will solve the problem....

but "use vpp first program entry " option disabled.... i am giving supply for target board using pickit2.

Is the PICKIT2 connected?

You can program the PIC without external power, using the voltage from the USB port.

Is the PICKIT2 connected?

You can program the PIC without external power, using the voltage from the USB port.

PICKIT2 connected ...i tried in both the ways.one is using USB and one more is using external supply.

You have answer in post #3 Sanjubluerock3 give you answer. You probably have lower voltage then 12V (probably 9V). Check rotation and pins of used transistor in voltage boosting section. You probably should just to rotate one of transistor.

Test programmer :

In Tools menu use Troubleshoot option and test voltages.

You dont need external power supply.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.