Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem of source degenaration

Status
Not open for further replies.

noiseless

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the below two topology, I thought the linearity of (b) should be better than (a) for there is no body effect. However, the Specture simulation results show that (a) is better than (b). Anyone know why? Thanks

what is ur test setup?
if u force the same current while they are having the same Vg , then the one in (b) will have lower Vth =>> larger Veff =>> lower gm
and since the equivalent Gm=gm/(1+gmR) becomes more linear (i.e. nearly equal 1/R) when the gm is larger so the one in (a) will be more linear.

Saf,

I used self-biased cmos to bias gate voltage. The self-biased cmos also configured as resistor degenarate to overcome the mismatch of bias voltage. If the body connected to the gnd directly, so did the self-biased transistor. So I guess urs is not fit to my case. thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back