Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem of grid value of layout (help!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jing

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I used Dracula to run DRC. The resolution and grid value defined in Dracula rule file is 1nm. I had no DRC errors. But someone used Calibre to check DRC and got large number of errors, which is offgrid. They said that the correct manufacturing grid is 10nm. The only way to get rid of this error is to redraw the whole layout? That would be extremely troublesome, because my chip is very very big. Is there any other easy way to fix this problem?

Added after 2 minutes:

when i draw the layout, i set the grid value to 1nm. that is why there is offgrid error if the grid value change to 10nm when checking the drc

You may hafta re-place and route it with the proper grid.

That's what I would end up doing. Sorta did it once when I found out that the 0.025 grid couldn't be used for the seal ring as it had to have been 0.01 divisable.

jelydonut

You may try to set the grid in Streaming out Form. I forgot the exact option name. You can check the options form. By this method, all polygon data can be snapped to grid. But you may get some width and spacing violations.

as of me there are two ways of which i have tried one.
1 - select each and every polygon see its properties and change the x & y co-ordinates.

2 - write a skill file to check the grid of all geometries present compare it with the actual grid required if not plact it to the nearest correct grid.

i have tried the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back