Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem installing Matlab in Linux libjvm.so

Status
Not open for further replies.

claudiocamera

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there.

After apparentlly have successfully installed Matlab in linux , Debian ( Kurumin 6.0), I came across some problems while trying to run it:

The message I got is:

kurumin@kurumin:/usr/matlab/bin/glnx86$ ./MATLAB
Warning: latest version of matlab app-defaults file not found.
Contact your system administrator to have this file installed.
Warning: Unable to load Java Runtime Environment: libjvm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
Warning: Disabling Java support.
Warning: Could not access OpenGL library

< M A T L A B >
Copyright 1984-2004 The MathWorks, Inc.
Version 7.0.0.19901 (R14)
May 06, 2004

??? Undefined function or variable 'matlabrc'.

My concern is related with the libjvm.so problem . Anybody can give me a clue about how to solve this glitche ?

Hi
If all you want is to remove the warning message try this "matlab -nojvm".
Or may be you should install the Java runtime libraries from the SUN web site.

the easiest will be to install jvm from SUN as louisnells stated. I ussually don't like disabling stuff on installation as it is put there for a reason.

Hi, Thanks for the answers. I have solved the problem. I had no need to install this libraries once it was already installed. The problem is that in matlab instructions there is no clue about the need to run a script named install_matlab, after you apparently install the software following all the instruction given. After installing, using the script, is very likely to face another problem running simulink this one is due to matlab expected a deprecated library libxft1. You can go through installed it or more recent one.

Regards

Claudio

Status
Not open for further replies.