Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in synthesising register files using FreePDK45 library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaishankar

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a problem in synthesising register files. I'm using cadence rtl compiler.
I tried to synthesise a simple 32 byte register file.
The software gets crashed/hanged. I want to know if the library FreePDK45 supports memory cells/register files.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? Is there any other way to synthesise the register files?

Thanks in advance...

Again before you hit the crash is there any error or warning that you need to look at...
Also if you paste the error here then we can help... note not the stack trace .. but like at what stage and what error it throws... etc

Again before you hit the crash is there any error or warning that you need to look at...
Also if you paste the error here then we can help... note not the stack trace .. but like at what stage and what error it throws... etc

Hello,
Before the system crashes, I see the register files as a single block in the gui window - and the status bar in the gui window shows "computing design", etc. there's no warning/error message shown in the console window.
the console window shows "reading the varaible mem / reg [0:32]". however, when the execution reaches this point, the software gets hanged.

ONE important question : CAn you tell me whether the FreePDK45 library is equipped with enough memory cells to implement a register file? I want a sure answer for this question to proceed any futher :) need help!! coz ther's no point in trying for synthesis if the library doesn't have any memory cells. I know the FreePDK45 has enough logic cells but i'm not sure whether it has memory cells at all.

-- I'm trying to synthesise a microprocessor design , all other modules seem to synthesise well except the register files block/ memory block.

For your crash, since you mention it happens during the gui mode... why not try starting the tool without the gui i.e. "rc -nogui ...." Give that a try
I am not sure on the memory cells in the freepdk.. but if you bypass the crash without gui then probably you may be able yto find out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back