Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in S-parameter graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqas jaan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please some one help me out. i m getting such attached graph of s-parameter at resonant frequency of 10GHz. please help me out which parameter should i change in cst so that i can get good result of s-parameter.
thank you

Attachments

• s parameter.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 77

Hi,

Are you using a high lossy or a high dielectric substrate ? It could be the reason why your not getting a smooth drop at 10GHz.

i m using FR4 loss free with a dielectric of 4.3 substrate.

what kind of structure are you modeling?

Ur Structure is resonating well for 10 GHz but its bandwidth is High. If u want High Q structure then modifications are to be done but its all depending on ur application. FR4 is a lossy Material. Try giving the value of its loss tangent and simulate the structure again..!! Also, If its a 2 port device, see that ur structure is symmetric..!!

thanks to all

@spacedust. actually its 1 port device. please can you tell me about lass tangent ? how it could be ?

To me, it looks like you have some other parts resonating near 10GHz, you might need a look of the snapshot and check where in your structure is causing that. To me your 10GHz Q factor is high enough, you almost reached -38 dB. Thus improving resonance at 10GHz has little room, but removing other resonance near 10GHz might be a worth try.

Loss tangent or Tan(D) is a measure of How much losses a dielectric can add..!! For FR4 the loss tangent is 0.027 typically..!! So ur Structure is an Planar Antenna ?? Which software are u using to model it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back