Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Rain fall alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.

su1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I have to make a rainfall alarm system but it should be wireless such that if the sensor senses the rain then it must send the signal to a receiver which is placed at least 20 meters away from it. Can anyone help me in implementing it?

Thank you for your suggestions friends. I thought of using the RF transmitter module but my teachers told to do it some other way. and i don't have any knowledge of bluetooth and external modules. But I will consider all three of them if you would please provide me with all the details some circuit diagram or something. Please go ahead for any new ideas.

have u knowledge of programming microcontroller? otherwise i will suggest linear circuits.

Sorry for the delay in replying...i don't know much about programming a microcontroller so for me linear circuits would be better.....and captain please suggest a circuit which is easy to implement..hoping to see a reply soon.
thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the delay in replying...i don't know much about programming a microcontroller so for me linear circuits would be better.....and captain please suggest a circuit which is easy to implement..hoping to see a reply soon.
thanks.

If you can't use RF then options are :- infra red, or ultra sonic, So the first thing to do is to experiment so as to decide which to choose. I would recommend using the presence or absence of a 1 KHZ modulation frequency as you signal source. using this will mean that it is much easier to filter out noise and hum from your signal. So select one of these methods and build it and see if you can reach the 20m mark reliably buy using a 1KHZ square wave as your source, and have it drive power LEDs and build a suitable receiver, Or modulate the ultra sonic carrier (~40 KHZ) and build a receiver.
frank

can you provide me with a working circuit diagram of transmitter and receiver of infrared or ultrasonic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back